Thursday 11 September 2014

Compliments

I don't particularly enjoy praises. I have no idea how to handle them. I blush, I get mad or I just become plain awkward.

I'd feel much much more comfortable if people can just tell me whatever praises they have in mind through their eyes and body language.

But then , somehow the boss in my part time workplace just makes me happy (though awkward) when she stares, smile and tells me I'm pretty almost everyday.

Don't get me wrong. I still feel awfully shy and awkward when it happens. That's never going to change.

However, when I work, I couldn't care less how I look like. I sweat, my face gets all oily and my hijab wont look as perfect. From Monday to Thursday I work and there are definitely days where I look like hell. Plus, I'm not exactly skinny. Am quite chubby too. Which is why her telling me I'm pretty despite all those things makes me feel like sunshine.

Alhamdulillah. Praise Allah for everything.

Today is a happy day. And quite frankly, I love working a bit more than studying.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment